In an effort to raise consciousness regarding the interconnection of all life and our common responsibility to care for both the human and the natural world, we approach issues by asking the questions:
What can we do to serve both people and planet? What is Earth asking of the Order?
In this spirit, our presence at the UN includes advocacy for:
- Poverty eradication, full and decent employment for all and social inclusion through our work on the NGO Committee for Social Development. Join us in advocating for a Social Protection Floor for all.
- Promoting the human rights of women and girls, including social, political and economic inclusion through our participation on the NGO Committee on the Status of Women and the Working Group on Girls.
- Eradicating human trafficking in all its forms by addressing the underlying causes of trafficking and advocating for victim support services as an active member of the NGO Committee to Stop Trafficking in Persons.
- Creation of a global food system that ensures a secure and equitable supply of nutritious food, that are produced in environmentally, socially and economically sustainable ways, as a member of the NGO Working Group on Food and Hunger.
- A human rights-based approach to development which upholds the rights of all people and respects the integrity of Earth and her ecosystems through our work in the NGO Mining Working Group.